Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Care more for the kids

I'm sure all of you who reads the newspaper or rather those who just flip through it(*ahem*that's so my style of reading newspaper....aiyak!paiseh!) saw the news of the 8 years old girl,Nurin...I totally pity her for her gruesome death and pray that she's found peace now...Her parents were also blamed for negligence and they kinda denied it if I'm not mistaken....but honestly speaking I guess they really have their responsibility on that...I mean from what I was informed,they actually allowed their eldest daughter aged 9 and the deceased to go out to pasar malam?I mean,gosh! I think I wasn't even allowed to go anywhere alone or with someone plus minus a year or two older than me......not even to the playground!Sad life,no? But when it comes to safety issues,I guess it was alright.And this just reminds me on what I saw this afternoon while I was waiting for my dad.....There was this small girl about 3 years old playing alone at the swimming pool all by herself!Yes, it's cute to see her screaming,making faces entertaining herself and splashing water and all....Suddenly she got off the baby pool and decided to explore into the adults one!Just right before the moment she jumped into the BIG pool,her dad or someone she knew I supposed came to her rescue.....But the point here is,how could a small kid like her can be left alone in the pool with the adult out of sight? Worse still,there were construction workers walking up and down the area(not that I'm discriminating construction workers but it's better safe than sorry right?)..........And before I left with my dad,I caught her drinking the pool's chlorinated water.....How many sips?Answer: Plenty!
On another note,the other day when my mum went to the market, she heard this kid about 9 years old or so saying this in Chinese: "Yer.....my mummy say all this beggars are all liars,they can walk one!" I saw that mister beggar she meant before and I 100% assure you that he can't walk......Gosh!He's like crawling on the floor with blood trickling out once awhile from his newly amputated leg and here we are having kids saying this in front of him?I don't blame the child but I blame her parents! How in the world could you possibly teach her to say that?
Until another post, signing off for now!

1 comment:

Jiaqi said...

lol. i used to think like the little girl when i see those ppl last time. even till now. i mean i still pity those ppl but i dont think there is a need 2 beg lor..

there are lotsa cases whr ppl borrow money frm ah long & end up gettin their limbs amputated & sent to beg money just bcz they cant pay back!

& btw, i used to cycle all around my neighbourhood alone last time when i was still a kid. lol! but now ofcz cannot d lar. cuz no bicycle, too lazy & not safe. hehe.