Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas is coming

YAY Christmas is coming, although I know am having a massive backlog of uploading pictures but yea since I'm finally having my holidays for 2 weeks, I guess I should have time to finish uploading it....however...no promises though...Am busy with Season Of The Year production at my church...

Oh well I just feel like blogging tonight hence that's why am here... =)
Like I said Christmas is coming and I have this thought stuck in my mind...
What is Christmas all about?
Is it all about gifts, parties, great food, Santa Clause, and probably to some people even a romantic Christmas date?
Well actually Christmas is more than that to me now...
It is a season of sharing and even connecting with people whom you have lost contact with...
It is a season of connecting with people that we least thought about...
More importantly it is a season to remember God for what He has bless us with and to even reflect at what point are we at in life...

Where do we "centralized" our focus in the midst of celebration?
I mean when we celebrate a person's birthday, the focus is on the person right?
And Christmas as all knows marks the birth date of our Lord Jesus Christ...
So why are we focusing so much of what do each other get or even what to give as presents in this season?
Shouldn't we think "bigger", as in what are we giving to God in this season?
I don't think God needs us to give Him all the money we have and build a big monument for Him, I mean what value does the monument or idol could repay Him for what He did for our salvation?
So what are you going to do about it?
Well as for myself, I'm giving my time to make the musical production a success...
If you are wondering what role am I doing in the musical, while am doing the props...and rehearsal is a lot and really a lot...and actually God really arrived at all your needs even sometimes you don't mention it.Why I say so is because of my FA last 2 weeks, I passed all of them even not studying much!Well I know I will NEVER be able to this by myself and all praises is to Him.
On top of that, while collecting my FA from the well-known-oh-so-everybody-fear-him lecturer, Dr.S. and obviously he said lotsa stuff to me with the just passed result and mostly I wasn't really attentive to what he was saying...LOL but one thing he said that caught my attention..

Dr.S : *after a long long I'm not attentive monologue of his* So I guess I've spoil your mood to celebrate Christmas?
Jess : No..the celebration WILL and STILL go on..
Dr.S : *stunned and change topic*

After that whole conversation, usually people will think that oh-so-I-should-buck-up...
But to me, that is secondary..yes you read it correctly! SECONDARY
Medicine isn't my priority..but God is...
People may give up doing medicine because they venture into other fields like business or music or something else or they find that medicine isn't their cup of tea...what about me?
If, one day, God wants me to give up doing medicine to do His callings...
Will I be in for it?
My answer is yes!
Anyway before this post gets incredibly long which it already did...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!

No comments: